I want to use this page to list my goals for becoming a healthier person. They’ll change, but they’ll never be removed from here, I’ll cross them out, or mark them as complete as I work towards a better me. So, without further ado, here they are!
- Get down to 155 pounds. I think 155 is appropriate for me, I feel as though the recommended weight for me is a little too small, I constantly felt hungry at 145, so I can’t imagine how I’d feel at 125. I’ll revise the weight as I get smaller.
- Make one completely new meal per month. I’m not a great cook, and I think it’s important to have variety in your diet, which I don’t have. So, I’m going to try and pick out a new recipe from one of my million cook books every month and make it. If we like it, I’ll add it to the rotation. If not, at least we tried!
- Drink at least 100 oz of water per day. It’s going to take me a while to get back to this, but I was drinking around 100-150 oz of water per day before Liam. That was good for me, and I’d like to get back to it.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes, at least 3 times per week. This one’s going to be hard, but I’m going to give it a good try.
- Get on the scale every morning. There will obviously be exceptions, but for the most part, I’m going to stick to this.
- One “cheat” day every other week. I’m going to allow myself to have an off-day every other week and see how that goes. If it goes well, it stays. If it doesn’t, we’ll try once a month and see how that works.
- Work towards eating more natural foods. I want to get to a point where the ingredients on foods I buy are all ones that I can read and understand. I’d like to get to a point where I’m baking my own bread and making my own ice cream, but let’s make one improvement at a time.
Wish me luck!